Decks : 18
Cabins : 2008
Capacity : 3963 pax
Length : 326m
Width : 51m
Weight : 146600grts
Speed : 22kn
7 nights – round-trip Caribbean from Miami
(June – Dec, 2018)
Arrived in 2014, Norwegian Getaway is an iconic part of Miami’s skyline giving guests an exhilarating cruising experience over the Eastern Caribbean region. At time of christening of the ship, Norwegian Getaway was the world’s ninth largest cruise ship in the world. This 18-deck beauty has a gross-registered tonnage of 145,655 with a guest capacity of 3963 passengers, which takes customers on a round-trip voyage from Miami, with feature port destinations Saint Thomas, Saint Maarten and Nassau in Bahamas. Norwegian Getaway is Miami’s Ultimate Ship to feature the world’s only ‘wine tasting musical’ titled as WINE LOVERS THE MUSICAL which tells the story of two students attending a wine class and their journey of falling in love. The ship is an absolute delight for music and cruise lovers and comes with a complete entertainment package to keep the guests rolling day & night.
Another interesting fact about the cruise ship is that Norwegian Getaway was home to Olympic Family in Rio De Jeneiro, Brazil in 2016. This further classifies NCL Getaway as dedicated sports, activities and fun-filled cruise ship for newer generations.
Cabins & Amenities
The Norwegian Getaway is well-appointed with a total of 2014 staterooms in 42 categories with Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suites (740 ft2) being the largest aboard the ship with 24-hour butler service, concierge service and private sundeck. Also, there are 42 wheelchair accessible rooms and most Getaway staterooms are 170 sq.ft. Other cabins on-board NCL Getaway include Studio Staterooms for solo travelers, Mini Suite with Balcony, Spa Suite, Oceanview and Inside stateroom.
Other features include:
Other on-board amenities are perfectly designed keeping Generation-Y in mind. For instance, the ship features a high-energy indoor cycling studio, Flywheel Sports to give fitness-conscious guests the ultimate adrenaline rush. Flywheel is just one exciting elements found in Norwegian Getaway’s 23,000 square foot Mandara Spa and fitness center complex.
– A nine-hole miniature golf course
– Two swimming pools and multi-level elevated ropes course
– A rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline and spider web
– The Plank – a platform that extends eight feet over the side of the ship
– The 3-story sports complex also feature the Aqua Park with 5-thrilling water slides
– Norwegian Fight Klub – a cardio boxing class with 12 heavy bags
– Chi Ball Yoga – a traditional Chinese medicine, yoga, tai chi and meditation for mind, body & soul
– The full service salon will offer hair, nail, waxing and special kid-friendly services
– Mandara Spa and thermal suite with 22 treatment rooms offering more than 50 signature services for both men and women
Food & Dining
With Freestyle Cruising comes the Freestyle Dining norm set by Norwegian Cruise Lines. Norwegian Getaway is no exception and it is a gateway for foodies setting sail from Miami which offers an unparellel 27 incredible dining options on-board. Passengers get to indulge in French bistro, Italian trattoria, Asian Teppanyaki, Brazilian churrascaria, steakhouse, seafood restaurant, a raw bar and a noodle bar. All specialty dining carries an 18% auto-gratuity. The ship also features Celebrity Chef and Food Network star Geoffrey Zakarian’s three dining concepts: Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian; Ocean Blue on the Waterfront and The Raw Bar.
– Ocean Blue (seafood specialty restaurant)
– Raw Bar (10-seat seafood restaurant)
– Wasabi Sushi Bar (a la carte)
– Garden Cafe (buffet restaurant)
– The Tropicana Restaurant (632-seat aft Dining Room)
– Savor Restaurant (282-seat forward Dining Room)
– Taste Restaurant (282-seat forward Dining Room with Your Time dining)
– Open-Air Garden Cafe (the outdoor extension of Garden Cafe restaurant)
– Flamingo Bar & Grill (casual restaurant by the Aqua Park)…and more